Summer offers warm weather, fresh air, and the opportunity to work on your home both inside and out. It’s important to show your how a little TLC each season and summer may be the most enjoyable time to do so here in the Southern Adirondacks! Check out 10 of the best summer maintenance tips for your home:
- Clean Deck and Porch: Not only should you be regularly mopping and sweeping your porch and/or deck, but you should also clean the area under it to make sure no animals, mold, or anything else is living there.
- Wash Windows: With pollen, dust, and who knows what else is in the air, now is the time to clean your windows (inside and out!).
- Mulch Gardens: Mulch will hold in moisture to make your plants thrive and even keeps weeds hidden from view. Not to mention, it really adds to your curb appeal!
- Pressure Wash: Be sure to pressure wash the exterior of your home at least once a year, it keeps the dirt off the siding and makes it look fresh, clean, and new! While you’re at it, wash the lawn furniture, deck, and patio.
- Clean Dryer Vents: The accumulation of lint in dryer vents lead to 15,000 house fires a year! Make it a point to spend some time cleaning them out each year.
- Replace Air Conditioner Filters: It is important to replace your air conditioner filter every few months to ensure CLEAN air is filtering properly through your home.
- Clean Your Grill: Scrub the grates, clean the burners, and the burner covers to ensure even grilling at your next cookout!
- Patch Cracks in Driveway: When your driveway is showing its age, be sure to use concrete caulk to repair the driveway as a whole to make it look like new!
- Mow Your Lawn: This may seem like an obvious one, but mowing is important to do once a week to add to the curb appeal of your house and keep the neighbors happy!
- Touch Up Flaking Paint: Both on the inside and outside of your home, spend some time touching up flaking paint to help make your house look fresh and clean!
Looking to give your home the style to sell? Check out The Best Staging Tips for Your Open House
A lot of chores and responsibility come with summer, but if you follow our best summer maintenance tips then you should have a great looking house and some time to have fun in the sun!